[ntp:questions] questions] How to insert a leap second with ntpq

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 16:27:32 UTC 2012

Hi again David,

I ran your Leap Trace program against my gps-based time servers and not one
is showing a leap second pending.  Not even this one that is leap-second
configured.

GPSCON is showing a leap second pending on my HP Z3801.

This is very mysterious.

Ron,

I believe the requirement is for the indicator only to be active (i.e.
announced) 24 hours before the event.  Doubtless someone will confirm or
deny that.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu