[ntp:questions] ARRGH!!! I woke up to a 50 SECOND clock error.

Tue Mar 13 21:01:13 UTC 2012

Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:
> I put the following in ntp.conf to allow the clock to coast in local
> mode if the GPS goes insane.
> # Allow system to coast on local clock if GPS is insane
> server 127.127.1.1 minpoll 3 maxpoll 6  # LCL, local clock
> fudge  127.127.1.1 stratum 12           # increase stratum

I can't see how that will make any difference
 if the GPS is still selected,
 as your meinberg billboard seemed to indicate.
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9879631/drifting02a%20-%20insane.jpg>

... and you would likely be better off using orphan than local clock,
 (not that it would make any diff if the GPS was still selected).

  will be added to the BlackLists.