[ntp:questions] ARRGH!!! I woke up to a 50 SECOND clock error.
David J Taylor
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Mar 14 16:35:32 UTC 2012
"Ron Frazier (NTP)" <timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com> wrote in message
news:4F60BC0C.8040307 at c3energy.com...
> OK. Here are the loopstats from another computer for 7 days (in the
> chart). I don't have any peerstats for it. It has the same server
> list. One is preferred. All servers are active. Performance is no
That's horrible, Ron! Much worse than David Lord reports. It makes me
want to ask a number of questions:
- is this PC connected over wireless or wired?
- what else is going through the router? Someone else downloading large
files or using streaming audio or video?
- who else might be sharing your connection?
- what type of service do you have? Presumably not dial-up! But what
- having checked you speed, would you describe your connection as
The quiet periods (e.g early Monday morning, Tuesday lunchtime) are much
nearer to what I would hope for, which makes me wonder whether something
is interfering with the connection outside those times.
More information about the questions