[ntp:questions] Any chance of getting bugs 2164 and 1577 moving?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 22 05:05:55 UTC 2012

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
[]
> Since this is an "all volunteer" service, the fastest, and maybe the
> only, way to get this enhancement is to write the code yourself!  If you
> lack programming skills you could try paying someone to do it.

Richard,

I do have programming skills, just not in this language.  But it's not
just programming skills - it's understanding the architecture of NTP as
well.  Which bit to alter - and that was not obvious in this case.  You
will find that I have contributed quite a lot to NTP in terms of
monitoring utilities, and in many hours of testing.  With Dave Hart's
help, I even managed to get NTP to compile once on my Windows system, but
with my level of C skills you would not want any of my C code in a
production release!

Fortunately, someone has now done the programming work, as the requirement
is not just mine alone.

David