[ntp:questions] forcing ntpd to query from a restricted interface or subnet

Anton Melser melser.anton at gmail.com
Sun May 6 19:58:39 UTC 2012

Hi,
> This is fixed in newer versions, I suggest you try 4.2.6p5 or ntp-dev.
>  Support for truly restricting listening interfaces with "interface"
> (AKA "nic") in ntp.conf was introduced late in the 4.2.5 cycle.
> Something like the following should work for you:
>
> interface ignore all
> interface listen eth0
>
> That should result in ntpd using only v4/v6 localhost and eth0's v4/v6
> addresses.

Thanks for that. I found a 4.2.6 built for Fedora 14 which did the
trick. All I needed was -L in the end (it's not like I have 1k
physical interfaces!). Definitely a shame that no one wants to
maintain packages for RHEL6/CentOS6 for this. (I know, I know, if only
I had more time...)
Thanks,
Anton

--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc
This will help you for 99.9% of your problems ...