[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu Nov 15 12:31:20 UTC 2012

unruh wrote:

> NTPv4 or V3 are essentially the same as far as timekeeping are
> concerned. That certainly should not be where the problem is.  Wht is

In particular, most of the differences are in the client side
processing.  On the other hand, w32time uses the NTPV3 wire formats,
which is another indication that the server may be an out of the box
w32time (it is possible to tune w32time to comply with NTP, but out of
the box, it doesn't - the reference implementation has better
interpolation of ticks than w32time, even when that is tuned up).

> 20.200.0.1? (ie what kind of machine, what OS. Where does it get its
> time from-- well I guess 132.163.4.101)

132.163.4.101 is NIST's time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov.  I don't know if
that is Microsoft's default server.