[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Thu Oct 18 23:34:25 UTC 2012

re: using gold caps

On 10/18/2012 5:09 PM, Ron Hahn wrote:

> Thank you for this kind advice.  I would have not thought of such a
> solution. I will order some of this part from Digi Key instead of
> persuing the battery solution.

You may wish to consider rechargeable lithium cells, which will give you
a more consistent voltage than a capacitor. I'm not sure how voltage
sensitive the Oncore boards are for holding data while powered down, but
these are what Motorola used in the ones with the on-board battery option.

http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0d16/0900766b80d165d8.pdf

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panasonic/VL2330-1HF/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduivy8R7K%2foL2kHdMDo3VKesvT%252bdhPsxkQ5XF6zpcl%2fElw%3d%3d

(the picture is wrong in the latter link)