[ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 11 13:36:05 UTC 2013

Hi David,

On 08/11/2013 08:44 AM, David Taylor wrote:
> Today is the start of a new GPS 1024 week epoch - see:
>
>   http://adn.agi.com/GNSSWeb/
>
> Folks with really old GPS units are reporting problems, those of us
> with current millennium GPS receivers should be OK, though.
I would word it differently, it's the epoch of a particular line of GPS
receivers, but not of GPS itself.

Remember that any Sunday, it is likely that a GPS reciever have slipped
a multiple of 1024 weeks. NTP drivers should be able to recognice it and
compensate for it, as it is a re-occuring bug in many recievers.

This issue have been discussed over and over again at time-nuts.

Cheers,
Magnus