[ntp:questions] Failure modes on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Aug 13 18:51:09 UTC 2013

On 13/08/2013 17:51, Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> If you are building your own binaries then the runtime dll's are already
> installed on your system and you don't need to do anything special.
>
> Danny

Danny,

When I replaced some binaries which required the 1.1 OpenSSL DLLs with
ones I had compiled locally with 0.9.8, ntpd.exe failed to run because
of a DLL versioning issue (it may have been ntpq.exe).

I needed to compile with OpenSSL 1.0.0c source so that the binaries I
now produce will work both with earlier SSL DLLs as installed with
earlier Meinberg installers, and with the later DLLs installed with the
current Meinberg installer.  Having to cope with mixed versions of the
DLLs originally by users installed over several years required special
action to allow seamless upgrades.
--
Cheers,
David