[ntp:questions] no servers, synchronized, time reset

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:01:13 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM, David Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> The current NTP is 4.2.6, with 4.2.7 at an advanced development stage. My first suggestion would be to update to at least the current NTP and see whether the problem disappears.
>
> 4.2.0a may be some 10 years old.

I have replaced ntpd, ntpdate, ntpq, and tickadj on my client with a
build I just performed of ntp-dev-4.2.7p357. I configured this build
with the following options:
    --enable-accurate-adjtime
    --enable-simulator
    --enable-step-slew
    --enable-ntpdate-step
    --enable-hourly-todr-sync

I hope these seem reasonable.

I'm hoping to have a look at the simulator and perhaps give that a whirl.

I couldn't help notice that this build produced an ntpdate program; I
thought ntpdate was deprecated for "ntpd -q"?

Best regards,
    Trevor