[ntp:questions] FLL instability

Mischanko, Edward T Edward.Mischanko at arcelormittal.com
Sun Jan 6 08:45:54 UTC 2013

[Mischanko, Edward T]
This was recommended to me on this list several months ago.  I am running my windows client on a corporate LAN and it was suggested that the PLL would not correct fast enough at polling intervals over 128 seconds.  The problem I am seeing is that when FLL is implemented the frequency swings excessively and the offset does not train toward zero.  This would not be needed for setups using GPS/PPS reference clocks.

Regards,
Ed