[ntp:questions] NTP Stratum

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Mon Jan 28 21:55:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-26, deepak khandelwal <dazz.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Is there any configuration support in ntp by which i can drop to the local
> reference clock at desired stratum value (received from server)
> basically i want to drop to my local clock as my servers reach to stratum
> level 10 ?

There is no "local clock". There is a situation in which ntpd does
nothing but reports that it is synchronized. That is what is called the
"local clock refsource", but ntpd really does not do anything in that
situation. Is that what you want? And why?
And why are messing with stratum 10 sources? Even the pool never gets
that bad.
Maybe telling us the problem you are trying to solve, rather asking us
to help you impliment your solution to an unkown problem would be more
useful.