[ntp:questions] NTP makes a time jump

karpekin at gmail.com karpekin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:00:49 UTC 2013

Hello,
Clients indeed followed server after 2.5 hours.
This night they managed to come from -15s difference to +2.5s and now it seems trying to slew another direction. They will probably need another half a day to stop oscillations and finally come to zero. Pity I can't attach a trend picture here, looks pretty funny.
The only doubt I have is the initial 2.5 hours delay. Server rushed away from clients by ~8 seconds. Clients also moved away from each other a bit, but still max was 480 ms. So the system didn't make jumps but it broke apart for almost 12 hours.
Any advices how to make them all behave and be closer to each other?
Thanks,
Igor.