[ntp:questions] Behaved ... Limited ... KODed

Sat Jun 8 01:33:06 UTC 2013

Doug Calvert wrote:
> I thought I understood how a client's rate control indicator
>  goes from being well behaved (.) to limited (L) to KoD (K)
>  but after trying to explain this to someone today it is obvious
>  that I do not. A server running the most recent dev release

See ...\ntpd\ntp_monitor.c around line 290 "RES_LIMITED" and "RES_KOD"
 in the source for your flavor, or the most recent dev:
<http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.7p368.tar.gz>
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.7p368.tar.gz>

See Also: <http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ChangeLog-dev>
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ChangeLog-dev>