[ntp:questions] pps breaks when nmea is enabled for ntpd

Richard Cagley rcagley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:51:08 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM, David Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> You know the PPS is working because the tally code changes from "*" to "o"
> in the ntpq -p output:

After 30 min mine doesn't seem to change. If I kill ntpd and run ppstest
again it fails. It would appear I'm back to my original question. Why does
starting up the NMEA driver kill the pps line? (output below) I see this on
startup. Is it significant?
addto_syslog: refclock_ppsapi: time_pps_create: Operation not supported

/ # ntpq -p
 jitter