[ntp:questions] ntpd connect gpsd shared memory driver

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jun 20 05:43:35 UTC 2013

On 19/06/2013 15:58, Richard Cagley wrote:
[]
> Now, I guess I need to figure out why the date is so off...
> / # date
> Sat Jan  1 14:26:50 UTC 2000

If the date and time is more than a certain amount out, I thought that
NTP would refuse to start?  Is the date from the GPS receiver correct?
Some older receivers had a GPS week roll-over issue.  To get the date
right, I would add some Internet servers perhaps via the POOL directive
as a sanity check:

   # UK pool servers
   pool  uk.pool.ntp.org	 iburst

Choose your appropriate region, of course, or just use:

   pool  pool.ntp.org  iburst

There's a way to get NTP to force a date and time setting at start-up, a
command parameter: "-g".  See:

   http://www.meinbergglobal.com/download/ntp/docs/ntp_cheat_sheet.pdf

Maybe you already have that set?
--