[ntp:questions] How to determin hardware latency for PPS offset given simple tools.

Fri Jun 21 20:30:00 UTC 2013

Paul G wrote:
> E.g. my network is low latency, symmetric and consistent
>  but some of my offsets are one or two orders of magnitude
>  beyond other offsets.

Gigabit interrupt coalescing causes non deterministic
 asymmetric latency.

> I expect I will move a set of them to a 10/100 switch and
>  see if that makes a difference.

If it is due to gigabit interrupt coalescing it will make
 it more deterministic (although higher latency).

  will be added to the BlackLists.