[ntp:questions] Standalone PPS

Wed Jun 26 22:20:39 UTC 2013

On 6/26/2013 12:27 PM, patrick200075011 at gmail.com wrote:
> The idea is to keep a simple and cheap PCB with only
>  the dividers from 10MHz to PPS

I think the PC (or whatever system) would benefit more
 from having a better quality main frequency source
 like a OCXO, than feeding the PC (that drifts all over
 the place with temperature) with a more stable external PPS.

> What about If I patch the atom 22 driver ( or create
>   a new fork 46 ).  I add a global variable in order the
>   poll function know how much time it has been called.
>  If for instance the function has been called less than
>   10 times, it execute a code taken in the local driver
>   (1) otherwise, it executes the normal one.

(Shrug) You can rewrite ntpd to be a desktop calculator if you want.

> By this way i) I can get rid of the local in the config
>  file as I have a starting time. ii) I can measure the
>  phase of my pulse and "forge" the flag2 or 4 to put
>  the exact value

... or you could get rid of local and set TOS orphan 11
 {It is the same only different.}

  will be added to the BlackLists.