[ntp:questions] multiple instances of NTP on different interfaces

Tue Mar 5 17:59:09 UTC 2013

On 3/5/2013 9:37 AM, unruh wrote:
> ntpd both controls the clock and serves time.
> Why would you want to split those?

Because they want to do funny things with the service,
 like serve time with a offset,
 while keeping the local machine as close to UTC as possible?

I've had many people ask me about that, as they'd like to
 try exploits on those that don't have enough Byzantine Generals.

  will be added to the BlackLists.