[ntp:questions] outlyer / falseticker

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Thu Mar 7 18:27:52 UTC 2013

unruh writes:
> I am positive that no matter where you live, the television show
> "Survivor" has made its appearance.

I have never seen it: I do not watch television.  I have only a vague
idea what it is about (and no interest in learning more).

> If you do not like humour ( which I agree can in some cases not
> translate well, but you are reading it in English) then reading David
> Mills' code is probably not for you.

I appreciate Dr. Mills' humor.  However, I do not think that it is
desireable to make detailed familiarity with USA popular culture
essential for the comprehension of documentation.  It's quite possible
to have an adequate grasp of written English without knowing what
"Survivor" is (or knowing the rules of baseball: this applies to the
ever-popular sports analogies as well as to TV references).
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com
Dancing Horse Hill