[ntp:questions] outlyer / falseticker

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu Mar 7 20:08:23 UTC 2013

> > byzantine wars?
> >
> > I would like to suggest to use language without any ambiguity.
> > Yes, it is probably more fun for the developer this way, but for others,
> > especially the ones who are not native English speakers, these texts are
> > confusing. For example "the survivors split a million bucks": is it
> > supposed to be funny or does it have a special meaning?
>
> I am positive that no matter where you live, the television show
> "Survivor" has made its appearance.

Never seen it.
And yes, it was on television over here in the Netherlands.

> If you do not like humour (which I agree can in some cases not
> translate well, but you are reading it in English) then reading David
> Mills' code is probably not for you.

It is not about liking humour, it it about making it more difficult to
comprehend what is going on in a piece of code. And comments with
riddles in them makes this more difficult.

Folkert van Heusden

--
Curious about the inner workings of your car? Then check O2OO: it'll
tell you all that there is to know about your car's engine!