[ntp:questions] NIST vs. pool.ntp.org ?

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at verizon.net
Fri Mar 29 10:13:51 UTC 2013

In the US, the stratum 2 time servers are much less used than the stratum 1
servers, and they dispense fairly accurate time.  The stratum 1 time servers
frequently have erratic and lengthy processing delays.  You can find time
servers here http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome
and finding ones near you is well worth the effort.  Nothing will help
though if your neighbor decides to download a movie or two.

Charles Elliott