[ntp:questions] NTP not syncing

Antonio Marcheselli puppa at me.la
Mon Nov 4 20:33:13 UTC 2013

On 04/11/2013 19:50, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
>> Running ntpdate every hour instead of running ntpd won't work if there
>> are database servers or dovecot or other apps that require monotonic
>> time.
>
> Did you somehow know whether the existing 500+ ppm drift is stable?

I'm monitoring the drift files of the three servers.

The server which got stuck on -500.000 is now on -62, stable.
Another server which gave "frequency error" is now on -430, stable - I
guess when the server is rebooted it's likely to give frequency error
again while ntpd locks on the frequency?

So it looks like that the first server has no clock issues and the
initial problem was NTP related.
The second server has a clock issue, which I'll try to look into.

Thanks
Antonio