[ntp:questions] Is there something with greater detail on "interface" besides the manpage?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Nov 19 16:36:57 UTC 2013

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> You might want:

>  interface ignore all
>  interface listen 127.0.0.1     # if you want localhost ntpq to work
>  interface listen a.b.c.d       # enumerate the IPs you want to use

Thanks.  I take it then that wildcard charaters in matching on
interface names aren't a go :) My further complication is these
systems get their IPs via DHCP (I should have listed that in the first
place, sorry) and some are bonded and some are not bonded, but the
component names of the interfaces in the bond(s) are the same
"namespace" as when they are not bonded.  For example I may have
systems with a bond0 using eth2 and eth3 and some systems just using
eth2.  I *may* though be able to split the config files between such
systems - that remains to be determined and if not is, arguably a
failing at my end.

"Wildcard" - that is listening on INADDR_ANY basically?

thanks,

rick
--
It is not a question of half full or empty - the glass has a leak.