[ntp:questions] Is there something with greater detail on "interface" besides the manpage?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Nov 20 03:34:47 UTC 2013

Rick Jones writes:
> Thanks.  For what it is worth, Firefox (25.0 via Ubuntu) seems to be
> displeased with the certificate(s) there.  Under "Technical Details"
> it gives:
>
>     support.ntp.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>     The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided.
>     (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
>
> I went ahead and added an exception, but thought I'd pass that along.

We use certificates generated and signed by CAcert.org .  Their class 1
and class 3 certificates are not included by default in many places yet.

You probably just need to install these certificates:

 https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

I thought there was a note to this effect on the website but I'm not
finding that now.