[ntp:questions] NTPD silently not tracking

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Wed Sep 4 05:26:06 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-04, E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists <Null at BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid> wrote:
> unruh wrote:> IF you know you fixed that bug in the new version,
>>  then by allmeans tell the complainant to reinstall.
>> But if you do not know that that bug is fixed,
>>  then this is a copout.
>
> At this point, lacking necessary information,
>  we didn't even know if there is a bug;
>  so we can hardly be expected to look and see if it has been fixed.

I agree that a request for more information is certainly not a copout.
In fact it is a very sensible thing to do. I agree that more information
is needed. I simply do not believe that a 6 day offset came about
gradually. It would require far too huge a drift rate

I agree that a request for more information is certainly not a copout.
In fact it is a very sensible thing to do. I agree that more information
is needed. I simply do not believe that a 6 day offset came about
gradually. It would require far too huge a drift rate.

> I still don't know if a related bug exists,
>  and if it does, does it exists at <http://bugs.ntp.org> ,
>  and/or <http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ChangeLog-dev>

If we assume that this is a valid description of something weird
happening, which is not completely obvious to me, then there is
certainly something strange going on.

But he could well believe that he does not have enough to report a bug.