[ntp:questions] GPS/PPS and "enable calibrate"

Horvath Bob-BHORVAT1 Bob.Horvath at motorolasolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 20:00:04 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: questions-bounces+bob.horvath=motorolasolutions.com at lists.ntp.org [mailto:questions-bounces+bob.horvath=motorolasolutions.com at lists.ntp.org] On Behalf Of WOLfgang Schricker
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 1:08 PM
To: questions at lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] GPS/PPS and "enable calibrate"

Horvath Bob-BHORVAT1 schrieb:
> I am trying to get a raspberry pi GPS-based stratum server functioning and I am confused how to use the "enable calibrate" function.
[...]
> The server is a raspberry pi with the Adafruit MTK339 GPS chipset.  It is running the image from here... http://ntpi.openchaos.org/downloads/
>
> BTW, thanks to all the raspberry pi NTP guys out there that have gotten me this far!!
>
> Bob

Hi,
this runs perfectly for me:
<http://open.konspyre.org/blog/2012/10/18/raspberry-pi-time-server/>.

OK, maybe I'll have to try that image.

In general though, when it comes to this line...

  fudge 127.127.20.0 flag1 1 time2 0.496

... how do you know what value to set for time2?

Did you got through the instructions here?

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver20.html

... or are you using 0.496 - what is shown on the http://open.konspyre.org/blog/2012/10/18/raspberry-pi-time-server/ ?

Bob