[ntp:questions] Trying to use Dimension 4 time keeper

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Sun Sep 8 05:27:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-08, David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> On 07/09/2013 22:38, W. eWatson wrote:
>> I'm told that Dimension 4 is an accurate time keeper.
>> <http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/> I downloaded it and installed it.
>> It's freeware, but would appreciate a $10 donation. Oddly it comes w/o
>> any description to use it. Am I missing something? I'm running it on my
>> XP machine. Nothing is said about an OS.

Why would you want to use this software? It has a hardwired list of ntp
time servers built in. A definite nono. Overload those servers.
(espeically if what they said is true, that it has been downloaded 10
million times)
It does the most basic sntp protocol and just gets the time at set
intervals-- ie does not do any of ntp's more sophisticated time keeping.