[ntp:questions] GPS/PPS and "enable calibrate"

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Sep 8 07:20:11 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 06:21, unruh wrote:
> On 2013-09-08, David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>> On 07/09/2013 21:30, Horvath Bob-BHORVAT1 wrote:
>>
>> Unusually, some GPS receivers (with poorly programmed firmware) have a
>
> Why not just say it-- Germin GPS 18x receivers had this problem. It is
> supposed to be fixed by the latest firmware.

I chose not to name the manufacturer because once the problem had been
pointed out to them, and they understood the issue, they released a
firmware fix completely resolving the issue.  A list of all GPS receiver
manufacturers who have released firmware updates would be too long for a
posting here!

You omitted to mention that the same company have also released two
further firmware updates for the GPS 18x LVC.  See:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=4055&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+garmin%2FVKiE+%28Garmin+|+Software+Updates%29

I wish /all/ companies were as forthcoming with their updates.  I have a
Sony camera where firmware 1.1 is on production models, but they haven't
release that to the existing users, even though a firmware update option
is in the camera's menu.
--
Cheers,
David