[ntp:questions] orphan mode, manycast, and virtualization

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Mon Sep 9 18:22:51 UTC 2013

I can remember esx4 coming up with the system time wrong because the NTP servers were offline.
For some reason the time came up at UTC and not at the time zone time.
Catastrophic results for everything that relied on Kerberos.
We were using your option B with VM tools performing the time sync.
Haven't seen it happening for a while now, they must have fixed it.