[ntp:questions] Standalone Windows XP/7 Machine Needs to Serve NTP

nospam.swstadel at gmail.com nospam.swstadel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:52:36 UTC 2013

On Monday, September 9, 2013 6:28:53 PM UTC-5, David Woolley wrote:
> On 09/09/13 19:42, David Taylor wrote: > > It will do what you need, although you will likely need to use orphan > mode. I can't help you with that. Stepping the time on the reference > PC may cause problems, though, but it would for any time reference > application. In particular, ntpd assumes that time does not have discontinuities.

Hm.  This seems like a problem for me.  What I essentially have is a simulated GPS environment running on the laptop, where I need to be able to restart a scenario, which in turn would restart time, of course.  Time can therefore jump hours or even days, either backward or forward.  Other applications on the laptop and the connected Linux devices need to know time from the simulation and stay synchronized.