[ntp:questions] Standalone Windows XP/7 Machine Needs to Serve NTP

Thu Sep 12 02:18:58 UTC 2013

David Woolley wrote:
> BlackLists wrote:
>> Although that is abnormal, I don't see the problem.
>>
>> Unlike normal ntpd use;
>>   Use server 127.127.1.0 Undisciplined Local Clock (LOCAL) ONLY,
>>    Fudge it to True,
>>   Restart ntpd when you jump the time around with your simulator?
>
> The clients will shut down as the time step
>  is more than 1,000 seconds.
>   For steps less than 1,000 second they'll still take
>    upwards of 20 minutes to react.
>
> You can tweak these numbers, although I don't know if
>  panic can be set as large as several days.

Yes, I meant restart the ntpd service on _all_ systems
 with ntpd -g so it won't panic stop.

IIRC meinberg has a script for that?

 restartntp.bat ?

You probably want to restart the one being used as the
 "Server" (with the 127.127.1.0 Undisciplined Local Clock) first,
 then restart the "Clients" that are following the "Server".

You may also have to set the "Server" as true in the clients
 .conf server line.

  will be added to the BlackLists.