[ntp:questions] Trying to use Dimension 4 time keeper

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Fri Sep 13 02:21:48 UTC 2013

On 9/11/2013 12:31 PM, David Taylor wrote:
> On 11/09/2013 18:22, W. eWatson wrote:
> []
>> Not sure what you mean by "Copy the current development". Why not
>> uninstall the present version, and start with a newer one?
>
> The development versions don't some with an installer - just the
> executables.  There is no need for an uninstall - just stop the service,
> copy the .EXE files, restart the service.  Simple!
The message above you (E-Mail Sent to...) shows blacklist. In any case,
I have no idea what it does.

So you are suggesting to use development binaries at
<http://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm>? On the download page
I see "Software Development Kits  SDKs for different programming
languages and development environments to access a Meinberg device from
within own applications."  However, that doesn't seem fitting.

A strange thing happened in the last 24 hours. I have a second XP PX,
call it Prob, in the same room as the problem XP PC, call it Newer. I
thought I would see what was on it. Interestingly, Meinberg. The PC
(Newer) is hardly used, and I noted according to my atomic clock it was
something like 5 minutes off. While I was looking around the desk  top,
I noticed the clock had jumped to the correct time. It (Newer) has the
same Meinberg s/w on it. It is about 4 years newer than Prob, but the
two XPs are not quite the same. Newer's XP was taken from a MS XP, and
Prob's XP was taken from some third party (something like that).

I decided to check text server file, and found that it was unlike the
one I posted elsewhere, as

NTP servers
server 0.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.us.pool.ntp.org iburst

For Newer, I have
server 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 0.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.us.pool.ntp.org iburst

Does this change the game in anyway?