[ntp:questions] Trying to use Dimension 4 time keeper

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Sep 16 06:15:15 UTC 2013

On 15/09/2013 20:08, David Lord wrote:
[]
> My Sure gps has both 5V ttl and 3.3V levels available by
> soldering wires or fitting a pin header. I had tried both
> the 5V ttl to parallel port and currently using your rs232
> modification. I didn't note any significant difference in
> parallel port vs serial port.
>

> David

Thanks for the reminder, David.  Yes, both the serial and the PPS are
available on the headers at 3.3V levels.  Should completely suit those
who wish to run the Sure GPS with the Raspberry Pi.

Good to have the comparison report between serial/RS-232 and
parallel/TTL levels.  I suspect that for NTP use the difference is
negligible, although "time-nuts" measuring to the tens of nanosecond
level would see a small propagation delay offset.
--
Cheers,
David