[ntp:questions] Frequency adjustments in a local network

Maximilian Brehm maximilian.brehm at tu-ilmenau.de
Wed Apr 2 14:55:44 UTC 2014

Hey NTP community,

I need to synchronize only the frequency of a
destination systems based on the frequency of a reference system in the
same network. This is because the reference system does not supply
timestamps and they are not important for the destination system. So, I
would say I need (a) only frequency and no clock adjustments for the
destination system and (b) a method to synchronize clocks via a local
network.

Are there ways to achieve this using NTP that are implemented
or may be implemented? If yes, can you recommend me starting points for
either way?

Thanks

Maximilian Brehm