[ntp:questions] How does NTP configure serial port parameters?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Apr 10 22:38:30 UTC 2014

I've seen in the reflock driver sources where they hard-code in the serial port speed (i.e. 9600), but what about the parameter
settings? i.e. the data bits, parity bit, and stop bit?

Specifically I'm using the palisade driver, but have selected 'mode 1' because I'm using an Endrun Technologies timing board
emulating a palisade (long story short, the little SBC took a dive but the rest of the hardware is good). I've peeled through
documents and nothing really says what the complete port settings should be for this particular mode.

NTP says 8O1 by default for Palisade but 8N1 for the Thunderbolt. Again, I looked through the reflock source and couldn't find
anything beyond the speed setting, unless I'm just totally oblivious and missed it.

The default Trimble TSIP settings for every receiver I've seen is 8O1, but seeing that document mention 8N1 for the thunderbolt just
kind of threw me for a loop.

I'll probably just end up trying both ways, but I'm trying to avoid some possible unknown errors if I end up using the wrong
settings...