[ntp:questions] Automatic time synchronization of local hw clock.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:40:30 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm running a ntpd service on a local server for time synchronization of
all servers and workstations. Ntpd works fine, synchronizing linux and
windows. The problem is that hw clock of the time server is not
synchronized periodically and it is not in sync. So in case of server
restart, ntpd sees a big time difference and stops.

How to enable in ntpd.conf automatic syncing of local clock? Or do I
need to run periodically ntpd -q from cron?

Thanks.

--
Mimiko desu.