[ntp:questions] Windows: SerialPPS Performance Counter/Processor Cycle Counter offset issue

James Gibb jamesgibb at clannet.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 12:21:15 UTC 2014

I've found that an offset can be introduced when using SerialPPS on Windows XP/2003.  Unless --usepcc is specified, NTPD will likely add an offset to the PPS timestamps caused by the difference between times worked out within NTPD and externally, i.e. the timestamping of the DCD events in the SerialPPS.sys driver.  I've submitted a bug for this, 2599.  I'd be interested to know if other Windows systems suffer the same problem.