[ntp:questions] questions] Automatic time synchronization of local hw clock.

Sun Apr 20 05:11:54 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-19 16:16, Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
> Jos van de Ven <antispam at vdven.org> writes:
>
>> The registry key is:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
>> And then add a DWORD (32bit) value and name it RealTimeIsUniversal with a
>> value of 1
>> It should be working with windows 8 also, but I don't use that.
>
> I tried it under Windows XP and there it didn't work (it worked until
> you suspended the system; then the time got very confused)

You have to set the BIOS time to UTC ASAP.

Try this:

Copy the following lines to a DOS <cr-lf> line ending text file e.g.
WindowsUTC.reg:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
      "RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

Import to registry immediately before rebooting.
During reboot go into BIOS setup time settings and set the RTC to UTC time
(and zone or no DST) by subtracting your UTC offset or using a UTC reference.
Save and Exit BIOS setup and continue rebooting.
Windows will come up using the RTC time directly to set the system to UTC
but your logon time zone settings will be used normally for display.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis