[ntp:questions] Header-tiquette (was: NTP.log interpretation)

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Mon Apr 21 02:48:53 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-20, Jochen Bern <Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de> wrote:

> You might want to note from the very first line in my replies that I'm
> subscribed to the mailing list in digest mode, and chances are that a
> quick inspection of the headers on your end would have shown you not
> only In-Reply-To: and References: headers, but also a User-Agent: header
> mentioning Thunderbird. The problem is, of course, that Thunderbird will
> (correctly) fill in the former ones with the Message-Id: of the digest
> it receives and displays, not references to the pre-digestion
> mails/postings.

You need to set your digest deliver preferences for MIME digests.

You may do using the following steps:

1. Visit http://lists.ntp.org/options/questions

2. Log in using your subscribed e-mail address and the password sent
to you in the monthly reminder e-mail

3. Scroll down to the "Subscription Options" section of your questions
mailing list membership configuration page

4. Change the "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?" option from Plain Text
to MIME

5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Submit My Changes"
button

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>