[ntp:questions] TrueTime XL-AK GPS lock satellite take too much time.....

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Fri Apr 25 17:00:00 UTC 2014

[First reply to a MIME digest, hope the In-Reply-To doesn't end up as
broken as the timestamp in the following line :-C ]

On -10.01.-28163 20:59, Victor wrote:
> when I first start the system, it only take about 10 minutes to lock
> satellites. [...] But the second time I move to another place (about
> 40 miles away from the first place), it never lock any satellites again.

40 miles PARALLEL TO PLANET SURFACE :-} shouldn't make much of a
difference in general sat signal irradiation. You might want to
doublecheck, though:

http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/

Do you have any information whether the signals that the device receives
(post building-induced interference, nearby machinery, coax cable kinked
while moving, ...) have actually gotten *weaker*, rather than "same, but
just won't lock"?

Regards,
								J. Bern
--
*NEU* - NEC IT-Infrastruktur-Produkte im <http://www.linworks-shop.de/>:
Server--Storage--Virtualisierung--Management SW--Passion for Performance
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt
PGP (1024D/4096g) FP = D18B 41B1 16C0 11BA 7F8C DCF7 E1D5 FAF4 444E 1C27
Tel. +49 6151 9067-231, Zentr. -0, Fax -299 - Amtsg. Darmstadt HRB 85202
Unternehmenssitz Weiterstadt, Geschäftsführer Metin Dogan, Oliver Michel