[ntp:questions] New Stratum-1 at the University of Houston

Evandro Menezes aevandro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:59:35 UTC 2014

On Friday, April 25, 2014 1:09:45 AM UTC-5, Evandro Menezes wrote:
> The NTP ST1 server at the University of Houston has been offline for about a month. Any information about its demise? Yet another victim of a DOS attack?

Alan Pfeiffer-Traum from UH was kind enough to explain:

"tick.uh.edu has been offline to the internet since mid-February. About that time we saw a sudden sharp increase in traffic from many sources. The high level of traffic overwhelmed tick and made it unusable. We hope that this event will eventually fade away so we can allow access to the service again."