[ntp:questions] TrueTime XL-AK GPS lock satellite take too much

Victor fanchao.lyu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:30:20 UTC 2014

On Friday, April 25, 2014 3:22:30 PM UTC-4, Jason wrote:
> > I recently use TrueTime XL-AK, when I first start the
>
> > system, it only take about 10 minutes to lock satellites.
>
> > And I think it is good. But the second time I move to
>
> > another place (about 40 miles away from the first place),
>
> > it never lock any satellites again. I am not sure about the
>
> > problem, does any one have some similar experiences and
>
> > good points on this?
>

> The first thing I would double & triple check are all your connections. One flaky cable can cause all sorts of issues. If you have a
>
> backup antenna & cable I would try that out too as a sanity check. Also make sure the antenna is compatible with the voltage of your
>
> unit? Some old TrueTime units used 12V... You can always use a multi-meter to check what it is.
>

> Maybe open it up to make sure a cable didn't come loose too.
>

> I'm assuming you have a good clear view of the sky and the weather is clear?
>

> There might be a small chance the unit saves your last known position? Check the manual to see if that is the case and if you need
>
> to reset it. Most units though go into an auto-survey upon power-up.
>

> Worst case, take it back to its original position, power on, and see what happens.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Clear view and definitely clear sky. And I have take it back the first position, it did not work as well.
I ask this because it is not just one set of the system come with this kind of problem, we have three of four systems never lock satellites. So I think it should not be the connection problem.
I will consider the voltage you mention.

Thanks,
Victor