[ntp:questions] Attn Linux distributors - pse include PPS

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Apr 29 04:12:14 UTC 2014

On 26/04/2014 05:05, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> William Unruh writes:
[]
>> More recent ntpd combine server and client in one program.
>> Not sure when that was.
>
> It's been the case for at least 20 years' time.
>
> This is something that may be different in the upcoming rewrite.

I hope not, as it would make much of the documentation out of date, and
destroy much of the simplicity of deployment from the user's point of
view.

I would find it annoying to have to tell someone "Oh, but if you want to
pass on the time you need to uninstall what you have now and replace it
with the client/server version".

Better to have the server incorporated but sitting silent until needed.

--
Cheers,
David