[ntp:questions] Issues installing ntpd on Win 7

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Apr 29 04:24:22 UTC 2014

On 29/04/2014 00:53, A C wrote:
> Has anyone recently (within the last few months) tried installing the
> Meinberg compiled ntpd on Win 7 successfully?  I just built a new
> machine, put a clean copy of Win 7 on it, tried to install ntpd and
> ended up with the "unable to start" error (number 1053).  The ntpd user
> account was created, the service was installed, the directories were
> populated, the config file was generated but it wouldn't start.

Yes, I installed the Meinberg "London" distribution a few days ago,
according to the instructions here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

No problems, and I could later update it to 4.2.7p440 - the current
"dev" release.  Note that I installed /outside/ the "Program Files"
tree, so that NTP and users could have write access to the necessary files.

--
Cheers,
David