[ntp:questions] Attn Linux distributors - pse include PPS

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Tue Apr 29 13:33:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM, David Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> I would find it annoying to have to tell someone "Oh, but if you want to
> pass on the time you need to uninstall what you have now and replace it
> with the client/server version".

Clearly there was confusion.  I said I recall a distro that had two
packages.  E.g.

 - ntp-common with ntpd built as disable-all-clocks

and

- ntpd-server with ntpd built as enable-all-clocks.

viz. nfs-common.

There was a time when such things were considered good practice.