[ntp:questions] Attn Linux distributors - pse include PPS

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Apr 29 14:12:35 UTC 2014

On 29/04/2014 14:40, Paul wrote:
[]
> Sure or you just recognize that only one system in a million needs refclock
> support and assume anyone running a refclock needs to be smart enough to
> build ntpd with the requisite driver.

However, many of my users who use PPS or other ref-clocks run Windows,
and they do not have either the required tools or skills to recompile.
The compiler alone is a 1 GB download.

These days a slightly larger executable including the ref-clocks is a
very small inconvenience compared to having to rebuild.  Another issue
is the time taken to rebuild - you are looking at nearly an hour on the
Raspberry Pi, for example.

--
Cheers,
David