[ntp:questions] Attn Linux distributors - pse include PPS

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Apr 29 15:21:25 UTC 2014

On 29/04/2014 15:33, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM, David Taylor <
> david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> However, many of my users who use PPS or other ref-clocks run Windows
>
> The subject line is "Attn LINUX distributors".  And it's really about
> timepps.h

.. and I would be happy if the Raspberry Pi Linux variant did not have
"tickless" set, as it means you need to recompile the kernel to get the
best NTP performance.

But the threat of breaking NTP into two separate parts had been
mentioned, and it was that which I was addressing.  If the "server"
variant was the only one available for Windows it would not be a
problem.  Having multiple variants does increase the support costs.

--
Cheers,
David