[ntp:questions] bad time with a laptop on windows 7

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Sat Aug 2 15:18:57 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-02, David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> I looked at your first graph, and did see spikes, but then wondered
> whether the units were seconds or milliseconds, as I saw no spikes more
> than 0.15 units, and the units on the axis show "milliseconds".

The units are what ever loopstats have in the file in the 3rd
column. I'm at home now, with the computer at work, and it is very
possible I labeled the graph 'milliseconds' instead of seconds. I can
double check on Monday.

> What is the "servers" section of your ntp.conf?  How is the Accutime
> device defined to NTP?  I'm only familiar with the serial port DCD pulse
> ref-clock.

server 127.127.29.14

is what I think I have. A usb cable plugged into a hub, and the
hub plugged into the laptop, the usb set to com 14. I will post a copy
of the ntp.conf file on Monday.