[ntp:questions] bad time with a laptop on windows 7

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Mon Aug 4 21:39:37 UTC 2014

I also looked at  the doc for your device and concur with Paul. You will most likely need to use the PPS BNC connector at the back of the adapter to get that signal.  HOWEVER, it seems that PPS over USB has been done with a small mod to the connections of some driver chips and the use of the gpsd daemon. See <http://ei6iz.com/?p=108> for the story. Unfortunately this may not help you as the driver chip is probably inside the adapter box and you would lose warranty if you stuck a soldering iron in there . Worth checking though, and for others the technique may be valuable as laptops rarely have serial ports.